First question which arrives in our mind! Why should I donate blood?
Blood is the most precious gift that anyone can give to another person — the gift of life. A decision to donate your blood can save a life, or even several if your blood is separated into its components — red cells, platelets and plasma — which can be used individually for patients with specific conditions.
Safe blood saves lives and improves health. Blood transfusion is needed for:
• women with complications of pregnancy, such as ectopic pregnancies and haemorrhage before, during or after childbirth;
• children with severe anaemia often resulting from malaria or malnutrition;
• people with severe trauma following man-made and natural disasters; and
• many complex medical and surgical procedures and cancer patients.
• It is also needed for regular transfusions for people with conditions such as thalassaemia and sickle cell disease and is used to make products such as clotting factors for people with haemophilia.
There is a constant need for regular blood supply because blood can be stored for only a limited time before use. Regular blood donations by a sufficient number of healthy people are needed to ensure that safe blood will be available whenever and wherever it is needed. – Source WHO
As per a Health Report, Every year our nation requires about 5 Crore units of blood, out of which only a meager 2.5 Crore units of blood are available.
We have started a initiative, through which donors can donate blood directly to the individual, whenever it is required across the nation. Moreover, you can register with us to donate blood and help the society.
We have a list of registered donors of different blood group, whenever any individual request a blood through our website we will ASAP search that blood group in our database and also the database of other websites. We will immediately contact the nearby donor available in your area and will provide you the contact details of that donor.